Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Berkshire Birch


Berkshire Birch
Watercolor 8x10
What matters to you the most -- being a giver or being the receiver? When I was very young we went camping on Lake George during the summer months. I remember at the camp site next to ours there was a family who had their Grandfather vacationing with them. Nobody liked the guy because he was grumpy most of the time. Since I was the family artist, I decided I was going to draw him a picture to cheer him up. He thanked me by making a beautiful canoe out of birch bark. It was about a foot long - big enough for my Barbie doll to fit in. I was the only girl with a birch canoe. It lasted all summer until at last it finally sank. But I will never forget how being the one to give first made me so happy all summer long.

No comments:

Post a Comment